The Global Outreach Team, as part of ANCL, is planning to use the upcoming Luxembourg ING marathon, which takes place on the 8th of June 2013 to raise funds for two of the organisations it supports in Eastern Europe. These organisations’ work is aimed at helping orphans & vulnerable children and families in need. The money raised will be given to FCE in Romania where it will be used to support a family in need and to Living Hope in the Ukraine where it will be used during the start-up phase of a new day care center for children. In order to realize its goal the GO team is looking for runners running the Luxemburg ING marathon/half-marathon to raise money in support of this cause by asking people to sponsor their run, either per kilometer or as a whole. Anyone planning to run or who would like to financially support this venture can contact the GO team.
Donate online by clicking here….
How to participate as a runner:
- MARATHON ENTRY: Each runner needs to be registered to run in the ING Marathon, Half-Marathon or Team Run (www.ing-night-marathon.lu). The registration deadline is the 19th of May 2013.
- BECOMING A GOT RUNNER: In order to raise funds for the GOT projects each runner needs to sign up on the ANCL website (online soon on www.ancl.lu) or contact the GO team. The deadline for signing up is also on the 19th of May 2013. Each runner will receive a specially designed GO team running shirt that will be hopefully worn during the race.
- SPONSORSHIP: Each runner is encouraged to find sponsors who will financially support the individual run. The way on how to best motivate sponsors in donating is open to each one’s creativity. Every runner will receive a named Sponsorship Form. Runners need to use this form to fill in the details of their sponsors and the donations they receive. This will help ensure that all funds are properly accounted for and all donors can be thanked once you’ve completed your race.
- DONATIONS/TRANSFERS: Sponsors are encouraged to donate the money online via our profile on Givengain alternatively they may give the amount to the runner in cash. The cash can be given to one of the GO team members or a transfer can be made into ANCL’s account with the reference being: ING/Runner’s Name. BIL – Banque Internationale à Luxembourg: IBAN: LU33 0024 1741 2138 8800 (BIC: BILLLULL)
COMMUNICATION & INFORMATION: For more information about the Global Outreach ministry, the event or for more details about how to sign up as a runner or become a sponsor please contact one of the GO team members:
- David Kitzinger: +352 661 448 010
- Dan Cavolick: +352 621 543 685
- Jacques Venter: +352 661 280 408
- Stephanie Smit